Friday, February 24, 2012

Altered canvas

Good afternoon my friends,
I hope you are all doing well. Can you believe this is already the end of February,where is this year going? I finally attempted my first altered canvas. The canvas itself looks white,but it is actually pink,blue and green by using Tim Holtz distress inks on them with direct contact method. I then pleated some ribbon from Webster Pages along the bottom using hot glue. The frame around the word SMILE was in my stash. The flowers,corner piece and jewels are from Recolections collection. The clip is Tim Holtz as well as the stamped saying. I'm having a hard time getting the clip to stick to the canvas, so any ideas would be greatly appreciated! I hope to alter a few more to hang in my craft room. I could also include a picture is I want to take off quote. I hope you like it. I treasure all your comments. Enjoy your weekend.
Krps.the colors are much brighter in person, this looks really washed out.=(

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is pretty! You did a great job on the canvas!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Gorgeous altered canvas Kris!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete