Saturday, February 12, 2011

Always Crafting challenge

Good evening,
I got inspired to make more more project after getting some house cleaning done. The challenge was to make an embellishment. I decided to make 3 flowers by cutting out a spiral from paper with decorative scissors(yep,still have some) and then rolling it starting from the outside in then adding some hot glue.After the flowers were done I added some stickles to the petals. Next, I wanted to make something other than a card, so I decided on a post-it note holder. For the holder I used a 5x7 acrylic frame that I added decorative paper inside, added tulle, flowers and some pearls. I think I may make some of these for gifts. I hope this inspires you to pull out those decorative scissors and use them. I hope you like it.
Kris

2 comments:

  1. Hello~ I am a new follower of your blog.
    I just love your flowers. You really did a beautiful job. The post it note holder is not only functional but fabulous.
    I am sure I will stop by again.
    Hope you visit my blog too.
    Kind regards,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. I just love the soft colors you used and the flowers are beautiful! VERY VERY nice refreshing take on the post it note holder. I have seen many, but not like this. Thank you for joining the Whimsical Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete